"Where are those raptures? Alas! Where youth is too." - Ivan Turgenev

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Displaced

That's how I've been feeling since returning home. I can't explain it - I was looking forward to fresh air, clean water (I still feel a deep sense of appreciation when I turn on the tap and clean water flows), spending time with friends and family; but I kinda miss living on my own. During my last week in India my boss said he was keen to extend my stay there, and at first I hesitated, then I realized that there was nothing holding me back; half of my close friends are in different parts of the world, and I really liked spending time alone and doing my own thing in that distant land. It was in that moment that I felt liberalized - when I realised I could live anywhere, out of what I had in my suitcase.

Coming back, though, I feel the weight of obligations, and one may say, you don't have to bother about obligations, but really, it somehow finds me even if I try to avoid it.

No comments: