Speaking of Murakami, I read Norwegian Wood again. It's quite interesting, cos I chanced upon it in one of our friend's home on New Year's Day, and took it back to read, but somehow couldn't get into the feel of it. I don't know how I actually got through half of it, cos I don't remember anything about it. So I brought the half-finished book here, and somehow the narrative voice started to resonate with me, and I finished the other half in a couple of days. I remember getting bored with the story cos I felt that the protagonist was too passive; but somehow being here on my own allows me to quieten down and really listen to what he had to say. I feel like I can better empathize with that sense of being in one's own world, and what it's like to be disconnected with the outside world.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment