"Where are those raptures? Alas! Where youth is too." - Ivan Turgenev

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Only Exception

The first time I heard this song, it struck a chord within me. And the next day, and the day after, I kept rewinding and listening to it again in my head. I don't think I've known many songs about growing up in a broken/dysfunctional family, and how it can affect one's future relationships. For those of us who have been through that, this song can be quite an inspiration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7J_IWUhls

Somehow it reminds me of Coldplay, maybe "Yellow", in how it is both uplifting and sad at the same time.

3 comments:

edharob said...

check out 'family portrait' by Pink and 'When I'm gone' by Eminem. Two of my fav. dysfunctional family songs. =)

edharob said...

btw.. i'm really diggin' this song.. playing it over n over again on utube.

quitetheidealist said...

cool, thanks deb.

the mom in "family portrait" looks asian.